I’m Larry Hatter, big game guide and outdoor author.
Of the many paths that I’ve come to in my life, I have been truly blessed to follow the ones that have led me through mountains, crossed oceans and traversed the beautiful high desert plains of this incredible world of ours!
As with many of us, my life has written it’s own story, I just had to hang on and see where it took me.
I’ve been fortunate enough to lead a life in the outdoors, seen some of the most spectacular unbroken country the world has to offer and made some of the truest friends any man could hope to find.
I thoroughly enjoy helping people get to those far off places that have made such an impression on me and now, working with the family business back in Idaho, I find many things to be thankful for.
Our goal at Miles High Outfitters is quite simple:
Sharing the same love of adventure with hunters and fisherman, has meant so much to both Miles and I, over the years. We’ve been blessed to see some of the best that God has put on this earth and are glad to share it.
We are pleased to offer private ranch hunts for whitetail and mule deer.
Our mountain lion area is one of the largest in Idaho and stretches out over some 250 square miles of rugged Idaho country….
….and the hunting for color phase black bear here in Idaho is WORLD CLASS!
I grew up in Central Idaho and have been involved in the family outfitting business basically since I could walk.
Growing up in the outfitting business has provided a unique perspective and it’s a pleasure to watch the original family business making strides. I work as a guide and designated agent for Miles High Outfitters – Idaho, the extension of our original family outfitting business started 25 years ago.
I may be a little older now, but I still enjoy working hand in hand with my brother, a bright young outfitter with a full head of steam and willingness to go the extra mile to make people happy.
Grangeville Idaho will always be home and we are proud to offer several high success hunts in Idaho for the sportsman looking to experience hunting in the west. Each of these hunts will be conducted either from comfortable mountain camps nestled in the lodge pole pines or from our rustic North Star Lodge which sports all the modern amenities, including wireless internet. Of course breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided and if you need something else, just ask. We’re gonna strive to see that you have the very best hunt possible!
- Cougar [ Idaho Mountain Lion Hunts ] 4500 This is an amazing opportunity to hunt big, record book class cats and an extremely high success rate!
- Mule Deer [ Idaho Mule Deer Hunts ] 4500 Hunt private ranch trophy class mule deer with archery in September or Rifle in the rut!
- Bear [ Idaho Black Bear Hunts ] 2,295 High success rate hunt with excellent chance at a large color phase bear!
- Whitetail Deer [ Idaho Whitetail Deer Hunts ] 2950 Hunt the private ranch managed specifically for big Idaho whitetails!
- Elk [ Idaho Elk Hunts ] 4500 September Archery hunt with plenty of bulls and old west, high mountain feel.
- Wolf [ Idaho Wolf Hunts ] 2,800 Enjoy perhaps the most hair raising hunting experience the lower 48 has to offer!